Easter Wishes 2020 | note from AgriBusiness Forum
Sadly, it’s been more than a month we’ve all borne witness to the dramatic impact of COVID-19 and how this insidious virus is impacting our families, our communities and our very way of living. In these unprecedented times, my prayers are with anyone infected by COVID-19; while my wishes to you, your family, friends and the humans around the globe are to tide the storm and get back stronger together.
Amid this devastating period which disrupted conferences, events and travel industries, we made timely decisions about protecting and safeguarding the wellbeing of our people, our clients and our communities in Greece and the World. To this end, since mid-February both Gnomon Events and Geo Routes have gone virtual, fully up and running to ensure our customers’ needs and experience around the clock.
To best describe how we did in the last 60 days, please allow me providing following updates:
- Gnomon Events cancelled all meetings, conferences and events been scheduled up until mid-July 2020. Our customers were secured by either postpone their events to Q4/2020 or 2021, or be refunded of the deposits paid.
- Geo Routes cultural heritage journeys (private or groups) held under the auspices of the Hellenic National Commission for UNESCO were postponed to Q3 or Q4/2020, while voyagers requested for extension to 2021, they have been provided open vouchers valid for 18 months period subject to availability and any rate differences.
- AgriBusiness Forum event series:
- AgriBusiness Forum 3rd international AgTech conference, stays on and will be held in the 1st week of November in Athens-Greece
- AgriTourism Summit 2020, stays on and is postponed to end of September 2020
- Meat-Dairy-Fish Summit 2020, stays on and will be held in the 1st week of December 2020
- 2020 Regional AgTech Summit in Istanbul-Turkey, is cancelled
- Αgrifood Traction Tour event series 2020 to the Netherlands:
- ATT2020 (Meat-Dairy products) 23-26 August stays on and will be reassessed in late June 2020
- ATT2020 (Cross-sector value products) 26-29 August stays on and will be reassessed in late June 2020
- Balkans & Black Sea Cooperation Forum has been postponed to late 2020-beginning 2021
We are closely monitoring the situation as it evolves and looking for best possible business solutions against the pandemic. We will keep you regularly informed about the progresses and achievements with regards to COVID-19.
Finally in 2020, due to COVID-19 outbreak, hundred millions of Christians -Catholic or Orthodox- couldn’t enjoy Easter thriving celebration, the resurrection of Jesus. May Jesus sacrifice for the humanity be the light for health, peace and prosperity to the world.
Chair AgriBusiness and Balkans & Black Sea Cooperation Forum
President, Geo Routes Cultural Institute