SAVE THE DATE | AgriBusiness Forum 2020, Athens-Benaki Museum, 7/10/2020
Food Safety, Security and Resilience: pressing challenges in the COVID-19 era and beyond
It is with pleasure to announce that the 3rd international AgriBusiness Forum is held in Athens-Greece, Benaki Museum, on October 7th 2020 highlighting “Food Safety, Security & Resilience: pressing challenges in the COVID-19 era and beyond”; with the physical participation of 35 renowned speakers and limited pre-accredited audience of leading businesses, financial services, innovative farmers who will be joining 5 high caliber and content driven sessions.
Abstract: The Covid-19 has revealed severe shortcomings on globalized agrifood supply chains raising questions ranging from globalization to security, safety, risk management, and resilience of farm-to-fork food chains. Amidst the pandemic, AgriBusiness Forum 2020 focuses on addressing these pressing challenges for start shaping robust, comprehensive & coherent strategies towards viable, sustainable, traceable and resilient agrifood ecosystems in Greece and throughout the world.
ABF2020 sessions – focal areas:
- Climate change & Environmental sustainability
- Circular Economy, Internet of Things/Food, E-Commerce, Retailing
- Financing, Insurance and Services instruments
- Security, safety & resilience on Agrifood Supply Chains
- Policies for addressing short & midterm agrifood challenges
ABF2020 basic terms for participation:
- Physical participation to ABF2020 is subject to approval of registrations. Applicants should need to register through AgriBusiness Forum official website and be waiting for a written confirmation for in-person participation to the conference. NO registration is considered confirmed without organizers’ written approval.
- Delegates’ participation is with a registration fee, which should be settled within 2 working days after reception of the aforementioned confirmation. Failure of payment results the cancellation of delegate’s application automatically.
- Priority for attendance to ABF2020 is provided to the Speakers & Moderators, the members of Advisory, Scientific & Field Experts Committees, and the Sponsors. Due to Covid-19 outbreak, participants may be subject to safety and hygiene test(s) to access the conference venue.
Speakers currently confirmed:
- Makis Voridis, Minister Agriculture & Food
- Anastasios Haniotis, Director, DG Agriculture, European Commission
- Dionysia Avgerinopoulou, Chair, Environmental Committee, Hellenic Parliament
- Serko Haroutounian, President HAO-DEMETER
- Philip Papadopoulos, Director SPMO, American Farm School
- George Nychas, Professor, Athens Agricultural University
- Charalambos Kasimis, Professor, Athens Agricultural University
- Nikos Doukas, Vice-President, ELGA
- Panayiotis Skandamis, EU Food Safety Authority
- Eleftherios Iakovou, Director Texas A&M University
- Dimitri Vlachos, Director Laboratory of Statistics and Quantitative Analysis Methods, AUTh
- Chrysoula Tassou, Research Director, Institute of Technology of Agricultural Products (ITAP)
- Notis Argyriou, Deputy Director Institute of Applied Biosciences, CERTH
- Eleni Maloupa, Director Institute of Plant Breeding & Genetic Resources, HAO-DEMETER
- Geert Wilms, Director, LIB/ZLTO Netherlands
- Nikos Thymakis, President, Institute of Agricultural Sciences
- Georges Kremlis, President Espoo Convention Bureau
- Effie Kokoreli, Head Agricultural – Insurance sector, Achmea INTERAMERICAN
- Anthony Papagiannides, Journalist, Economia Group
- Dimitrios Michailidis, Journalist, Agronea
- Kees van Duijvendijk, Advisor Satellite Applications, Netherlands Space Office
- Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Businesses from Energy, Telecoms, Certification, Digital, Retail, Insurance, Banking, Financial, Technology sectors