AgriBusiness Peloponnese 2022
Field Visit Program
Abelon Brintziki Estate
Brintziki Estate is a family run winery in Greece, situated close to Ancient Olympia. Its philosophy is based on three essential values:
- Revival of ancient grape varieties unique in the world, continuing a 5.000-year-old tradition of distinct wine making resulting in contemporary exclusive wines.
- Our private vineyards are organically cultivated.
- Ecologically environment-friendly operation of our plants with zero energy footprints.
Our immediate focus is on natural winemaking, using organically grown grapes for wines with completely zero preservatives. The selection of the grapes is made bunch by bunch, and we exercise the strictest quality control from the beginning of the harvest. The valley of the ancient river Enipea, is an ideal area for growing vines, since it stretches to the ground created by the flow of the river for thousands of years, and the composition of the soil is sandy and clay, with great drainage of rainwater. It has modern high-tech equipment, knowledge, and experience and has installed energy systems that have a zero-carbon footprint. It has installed 100KW photovoltaic for electricity production with annual production 150,000KWh and geothermal installed capacity of 150-kilowatt power; saving at least 40,000KWh per year. In 2010, The Brintziki Estate was certified as the first green winery in Greece.
- 14h15 departure to Brintziki Estate (15 mins drive time from Aldemar Village)
- 14h30 site visit and orientation tour of the estate
- 15h15 wine-tasting from indigenous varieties produced in Ancient Olympia
- 16h00 QAs and discussion
- 17h15 end of the field visit program
- A reservation for the field visit program is mandatory.
- Delegates should confirm their participation to the secretariat up until Friday 3/6/2022, 14h30
- Participants should join solely with their own vehicles
- Program is subject to changes/modifications