Video material from the panels, speakers’ interventions, dialogues, and discussions held during the 5th international AgriBusiness Forum is now available here
Selected photo material from the 5th International AgriBusiness Forum, 15-16/11/2022 is now available here
Please click below to read and download the detailed AgriBusiness Forum 2022 Press Release and Conference Report took place in the European Parliament on 15-16/11/2022
Media Kit – Conference Report
Discussion in Greek
A 15mins discussion between Giannis Balakakis-Chair of the AgriBusiness Forum and Lambros Kalarrytis- Journalist Parapolitika News, on the occasion of the 5th international edition of the AgriBusiness Forum.
Link (you tube)
The 5th international AgriBusiness Forum 15-16/11/2022, is held at the European Parliament Office in Greece
On 15-16/11/2022 AgriBusiness Forum 5th international edition is revealing Food Safety, Security and Resilience ahead uncertainties”, with 8 high-caliber sessions and 35 renowned speakers from Greece and abroad.
The conference will be held at the European Parliament Office in Greece, a highly emblematic venue for AgriBusiness Forum’s distinguished speakers, partners, and sponsors.
Sincere thanks to the National Bank of Greece (leading partner) and Corteva Agriscience Hellas (premium partner). AgriBusiness Forum 2022 is under the auspices of the Ministries of Energy-Environment, Economy-Development, Agriculture-Rural Development.
Among ABF2022 speakers feature:
* Mr. Nikos Papathanasis, Alternate Minister, Ministry of Development and Investments
* Mr. George Stylios, Deputy Minister, Ministry for Rural Development & Food
* Mr. Simos Kedikoglou, Deputy Minister, Ministry for Rural Development & Food
* Dr. Athanasios Kyriazis, Secretary General for Research and Innovation
* Mr. Michalis Katrinis, Head of Parliamentary Group, “PASOK-KINAL’’
* Ms. Tatiana Giemelou, Head Business Development sector, National Bank of Greece
* Ms. Christina F. Legaki, Country Leader, Corteva Agriscience Hellas
* Dr. Kalliopi Chalkou, Group Food Safety & Suppliers Quality Manager, Coca Cola Hellenic
* Mr. Gijs Schilthuis, Head of Unit for Policy Perspectives, European Commission DG-AGRI
* Mr. Constantinos Tsoutsoplides, Head of the European Parliament Liaison Office in Greece
* Dr. Phoebe Koundouri, Co-Chair SDSN Europe, Professor AUEB
* Dr. Nikolaos Thomaidis, Professor of Analytical Chemistry, University of Athens
* Dr. Nikolas E. Farantouris, Jean Monnet Professor of EU Law
* Dr. Charalambos Kasimis, Professor Emeritus, Agricultural University of Athens
* Dr. Demetrios Kouretas, Professor, Animal Physiology & Toxicology, Thessaly University
* Dr. George Zalidis, Professor, Lab Director of Remote Sensing, Spectroscopy and G.I.S., AUTh
* Mr. Geert Wilms, Director, LIB/ZLTO, The Netherlands
* Mr. Pavlos Satolias, President, National Union of Agricultural Cooperatives
*Mr. Alexandros Vassilikos, President, Hellenic Chamber of Hotels
* Dr. Dimitrios Vlachos, Professor, Lab Director of Statistics & Quantitative Analysis Methods, AUTh
* Mr. Christos Yiannakakis, Vice President, National Union of Agricultural Cooperatives
* Mr. Georgios Karakatsanis, Natural Resource and Environmental Economist
* Mr. Anthony D. Papayannides, Journalist, General Manager Economia Group
Follow AgriBusiness Forum @ Facebook ◊ LinkedIn ◊ Twitter ◊ YouTube
Dear Colleagues & friends
With the hope that most likely you enjoyed the summer holidays and gained power for the remaining 2002, please allow us to inform you on what happened and what is on schedule in the last quarter of 2022.
A) The 5th International AgriBusiness Forum 2022 (Athens, 15-16/11/2022)
It is held in Athens-Greece highlighting “Food Safety, Security and Resilience ahead uncertainties”; featuring 8 high caliber sessions, 32 focal areas and 35 renowned speakers from Greece & abroad. It will accommodate 300 delegates representing leading businesses, financial services, farmers, cooperatives, policymakers, research and academia. Language is Greek with simultaneous translation to English. Real-time livestreaming will be provided.
Why attend? Agrifood sector, a 7.8 trillion USD industry, employing 30% of the global workforce, being responsible for 25% of greenhouse gas emissions, how can feed 9.3 billion people in 2050? How plastics pollution at seas will outweigh all aquatic & fish systems? How the rise in the prices of agricultural inputs, high energy costs, ESGs, radical climatic and environmental changes, extreme weather conditions and the war between Ukraine and Russia will be impacting food security? Are we experiencing the beginning of the collapse of the current global food order?
website: https://agribusinessforum.org (ABF2022 site coming soon)
B) The 4ο international Balkans & Black Sea Forum 2022 (Athens, 5-6/12/2022)
It will be held in Athens under highlighting «The Eurasian nexus post 2022: high-stakes arena in security, trade and investments»; featuring 6 high caliber sessions, 30 focal areas and 33 renowned speakers from Greece & abroad. It will be held in English and will accommodate 300 delegates from leading businesses, policymakers, diplomats, research and academia.
Why attend? BBSF2022 is held at a time of numerous geopolitical, economic and power-shifting challenges that influence the global scene and endanger the social and economic equilibrium of regions. In a world of uncertainty and constant disruption, it the aspires to pave the way for a sincere, coherent and constructive exchange of views and dialogue, needed today more than ever before.
C) The 2nd regional “AgriBusiness Thessaly Forum
As the acclaimed success of AgriBusiness Thessaly 2021 has been disruptive for the interests of some locals in power, they preferred missing the event instead of supporting the conference’s organization being announced 6-months ago. In order to safeguard its leading reputation, AgriBusiness Forum decided to cancel and replace this conference with another which will be announced soon.
D) 1st regional “AgriBusiness Peloponnese Forum” 3-4/6/2022
AgriBusiness Peloponnese took place in Olympia-Greece (Aldemar Resort) highlighting “Peloponnese AgriFood Systems 4.0”; featuring 7 high caliber sessions, 24 focal areas and 30 speakers. Its steering partners have been the University of Patras, the Region of Western Greece and Pyrgos Municipality.
Explore insights’ here: website, speakers, Recap video, speakers presentations
Thank you for your continuous interest in Geo Routes Institute NPO, planner of special journeys and events of cultural, environmental and educational character under the auspices of the Hellenic National Commission for UNESCO; and owner of the leading international conferences Balkans & Black Sea Forum and AgriBusiness Forum.
Agrifood Traction Tour 2022
Netherlands, Noord Brabant, 31 August-4 September 2022
An exciting networking & learning event to the Netherlands (world’s leading agrifood producer), providing knowledge & output assessment in Dutch agriculture, horticulture, food technology and deal flows, through high-level meetings and 11 field-visits at small to large-scale agricultural facilities. It is held with the cooperation of the Embassy of the Netherlands, LIB/ZLTO (South Holland Farmers Organization) and Hellenic-Dutch Business Association aimed at advancing partnerships and paving paths for bilateral cooperation. The fam-trip is made for businesses, cooperatives, farmers, financial services, policymakers, & academia. Tour language is English and it is limited to 30 participants.
In focus: Milk & Dairy, Livestock, Processing & Trading, Nurseries, Fruits, Vegetables, Potatoes, Organic foods, New Technologies
Click here to read the program and secure your participation to the AgriFood Traction Tour 2022